The Sound of a New Organetto (A Polka and Bourrées)

It took all of on ONE DAY for UPS to bring this beauty to me from England. A Christmas gift from my father,

An "organetto" is "a popular Italian folk instrument allied to the accordion." This organetto looks and acts an awful lot like a small one-row (with two extra buttons) box that is a joy to play. In this case the box is in A flat  -- an unusual key for boxes. A chromatically oriented friend asked, "How many tunes do you play that are in A flat?" I responded, "On this box, they're all in A flat." We live in a diato world.

Here are three videos I shot this morning, while waiting for the duck and lamb to cook for Christmas dinner. The first has me yammering for a few seconds and then playing a polka and a bourrée. The next two are two other bourrées. Enjoy and good holidays!







Labels: , , ,