Le Bon Truc Rehearsal Recordings!

Look! We smile! We're happy!
Trio Le Bon Truc has been have a very good year, I have to say. Well ... I don't have to, I want to! There's been this sense among us three that our four year communion continues to deepen and satisfy. In preparation for a gig in Portland, ME at The Last Church on the Left, we've been putting some thought into the "next stage" of our repertoire. We know a lot of tunes, holy cow! Meanwhile, I got the Ab Tiny Box, and that's been fun for us.

Bourrées Tricotada, Va-ten Va-ten, Grandes Poteries


As I have said in the past, I do take a phenomenological approach to music and think we all should. To that end, I am posting three of our rehearsal recordings. They are NOT polished performances, and, in fact, the Bourrées and Polkas may have been our first time playing those sets ever. In all cases, they start out rougher than they end, but they end in some very sweet spots. They interesting as "rehearsal artifacts," but they are also ... sweet. This is probably not all that swift as marketing, but ... if nothing else, you can hear the good time we are having.

Polkas Quartier and de Baugy


Charlie/La Sansonette (Scottishes)

Labels: , , , ,